How could I determine the difference between the outside border and inside border of a glyph in FreeType?

Viewed 37

I'm doing some OpenGL programming in C++ and wanted to draw the outline of a glyph using FreeType 2.12.

At the moment, I'm getting the FT_Outline struct and pushing the array of points into a vector of floats, then drawing a line using the points. The issue is that storing only the points leads to lines that connect the inside borders of a glyph to the outside borders of a glyph.

For example, when drawing "d":

a line connects the inner border of "d" to the outer border.

I'd like to draw the inner portion of the glyph and the outer portion of the glyph separately, but I don't know when the points defining the outer border stop and the points defining the inner border begin, or vice versa.

I'm aware that FreeType has the ability to distinguish between inside borders and outside borders, which returns an FT_StrokerBorder but I'm not sure how to use it to get the index where the inside border begins and the outside border ends.

Is there a way to get the index of the point that separates the inside and outside borders?

0 Answers
Related