I was wondering if there is a way of reading embeds from a discord message. I use a get request to get the message:
r = requests.get(self.get_channel_url(channel), headers={'authorization': self.auth})
messages = json.loads(r.text)
print(messages[0])
This gives me the data of the latest message send in a channel.
When I sent a discord nitro link like this one https://discord.gift/R5PE8JQGRQTe3nsr it shows an embed looking like
this
And when I print messages[0] I get this:
{'id': '#', 'type': 0, 'content': 'https://discord.gift/R5PE8JQGRQTe3nsr', 'channel_id': '#', 'author': {'id': '#', 'username': '#', 'avatar': '#',
'avatar_decoration': None, 'discriminator': '8408', 'public_flags': 256}, 'attachments': [], 'embeds': [], 'mentions': [], 'mention_roles': [], 'pinned': False, 'mention_everyone': False, 'tts': False, 'timestamp': '2022-06-20T16:47:44.343000+00:00', 'edited_timestamp': None, 'flags': 0, 'components': []}
Imagine '#' is actual data. Anyway it doesn't show anything about the embed so the question I'm asking is how to get the embeds content from this. Thanks in advance. (Btw I'm using python3 and requests library)