Change original creator of EKS cluster

Viewed 152

Is it possible to change the original creator of an EKS cluster to another role. I still have access to the cluster, with both the original creator role and the new one I want to transfer the cluster to.

The new role is now encoded in de aws_auth config map, but we locked ourselves out by deleting the config map (in a terraform update). We were able to restore it using the creator role, but we'd rather not use that one anymore.

Is it possible to update the creator user, or do I need to create a new cluster with the proper role, and then transfer everything over?

From the Amazon Docs:

You don't need to add cluster_creator to the aws-auth ConfigMap to get admin access to the Amazon EKS cluster. By default, the cluster_creator has admin access to the Amazon EKS cluster that it created.
0 Answers
Related