spring cloud stream multi binder setup - remote source kafka with local destination kafka possible?

Viewed 46

I am trying to consume messages from a remote kafka and produce output to a local kafka setup. Additionally I don't want to 'pollute' the remote Kafka with kakfa streams specific technical topics (e.g. intermediate KTable stores). I created an example app for demo purposes, however this doesn't work as expected - and I cannot say why. Not working means: I don't really understand what's going on. Multiple consumers are being created but all to locahost, none seems to point to the remote kafka.

https://github.com/webermich/multibinder

https://github.com/webermich/multibinder/blob/main/src/main/resources/application.yaml

So my qustions are:

  1. Is my general understanding correct that I can build something like I described above?
  2. If the answer to 1) is true: Can anyone spot my mistakes?
  3. I am really unsure about the type: kstream of my bindings, too. I feel this is wrong.
  4. Is there a link to a working example?
0 Answers
Related