How can I resolve the Chrome warning: The deferred DOM Node could not be resolved to a valid node

Viewed 3181

I'm running a node.js project on a localhost server, and I've been doing this for months without seeing this, but recently, I've been getting this warning when I open the inspector:

The deferred DOM Node could not be resolved to a valid node.

I usually go into the inspector on an element to check out some attribute, eventListener, or other info, but this warning is popping up and it doesn't take me to the element. It's been pretty annoying, and I don't really know why it started showing up or how to get rid of it. My only clue is that I was changing some initialization settings for my express sessions around the same time this appeared, but I'm not sure that this is related.

Has anyone else run into this before? How do you get rid of the warning? Thanks!

5 Answers

That might be due to a chrome extension interfering. Make sure you test in an environment with no extensions like incognito mode.

In my case, closing and reopening the browser window fixed it

This can occur when debugging in Visual Studio. Usually, restarting the debugger solves the problem

Open it in a incognito mode in chrome works!

I'm seeing this in Microsoft Edge right now (chromium version).

Never been aware of seeing it before and I don't have any extensions installed in Edge.

It currently works in Chrome! It also works in Edge in the live website but not my local machine.

In other words .

Related