I'm new to Docker and want to build the image myself (nginx + php-fpm + mariadb + phpadmin).
I want to have Xdebug so I've a Dockerfile to customize the php-fpm image.
And then I run into a problem (same as here) when I execute
docker-compose --build
or
docker-compose up --build
The image was built ok first time, but for next times it fails because the php-fpm somehow ended up with already installed xdebug:
+ pecl install xdebug
pecl/xdebug is already installed and is the same as the released version 3.1.5
install failed
It is like the image comes from cache but Dockerfile is still applied.
I've used the solution from that post but I am clearly missing something, it should not be like that. What am I doing wrong?
My docker-compose:
version: "3.7"
services:
web:
image: nginx:1.17
ports:
- 8080:80
volumes:
- ../logs:/var/log/nginx/
- ../wordpress:/var/www/myapp
- type: bind
source: ./site.conf
target: /etc/nginx/conf.d/default.conf
depends_on:
- php
- mariadb
php:
image: php:7.4-fpm
build:
context: ./php
volumes:
- ../wordpress:/var/www/myapp
- type: bind
source: ./php/conf.d/xdebug.ini
target: /usr/local/etc/php/conf.d/docker-php-ext-xdebug.ini
- type: bind
source: ./php/conf.d/error_reporting.ini
target: /usr/local/etc/php/conf.d/error_reporting.ini
depends_on:
- mariadb
mariadb:
image: mariadb:10.4
restart: always
ports:
- 127.0.0.1:3308:3306
environment:
- MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=4321
- MYSQL_DATABASE=wordpress
- MYSQL_USER=wordpress
- MYSQL_PASSWORD=1234
volumes:
- mariadb-data:/var/lib/mysql
phpmyadmin:
image: phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin:latest
ports:
- 8900:80
environment:
- PMA_ARBITRARY=1
- PMA_HOST=mariadb
depends_on:
- mariadb
volumes:
mariadb-data:
and my php-fpm dockerfile:
FROM php:7.4-fpm
RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y \
libicu-dev\
openssl \
git \
unzip\
nano\
&& docker-php-ext-install \
intl pdo pdo_mysql mysqli\
&& docker-php-ext-enable \
intl pdo pdo_mysql
RUN bash -c '[[ -n "$(pecl list | grep xdebug)" ]]\
|| (pecl install xdebug && docker-php-ext-enable xdebug)'