How do I set the default python version for conda envs in snakemake

Viewed 41

I'm running an NGS pipeline that's supposedly intended to run on Python 3.6. I am getting some errors and warnings if I just run with Python 3.10.

So, I am starting my snakefile from an conda env that has Python 3.6 installed. Anyway, if creating new envs for wrappers snakemake creates these envs with Python 3.10. I could of course set Python version for new envs globally to 3.6, but I don't want this to interfere with my other projects. I also could create a yaml file with just

dependencies:
  - python =3.6

, but I would have to add this to every rule manually. And I am not sure, if snakemake installs other dependencies into new envs by default.

Is there a way, to tell snakemake to set Python 3.6 to all new envs for this snakefile? What are the default parameters that snakemake uses to create envs?

Thanks everyone :)

0 Answers
Related