Suppose I have a function like this in React
function Stars({handleStarClick, starClicked}) {
if (starClicked === 3) {
document.getElementById('star3').checked = true
}
return (
<div className="rate">
<input onClick={() => handleStarClick(5)} type="radio" id="star5" name="rate" value="5"/>
<label htmlFor="star5" title="text">5 stars</label>
<input onClick={() => handleStarClick(4)} type="radio" id="star4" name="rate" value="4" />
<label htmlFor="star4" title="text">4 stars</label>
<input onClick={() => handleStarClick(3)} type="radio" id="star3" name="rate" value="3" />
<label htmlFor="star3" title="text">3 stars</label>
<input onClick={() => handleStarClick(2)} type="radio" id="star2" name="rate" value="2" />
<label htmlFor="star2" title="text">2 stars</label>
<input onClick={() => handleStarClick(1)} type="radio" id="star1" name="rate" value="1" />
<label htmlFor="star1" title="text">1 star</label>
</div>
)
}
I want the default behavior to have all the radio buttons unchecked. However, let's say in a form a user selects the 3-star radio button, I would like to be able to pass in a prop that allows me to render this component with the 3-star radio button checked. What is the best way to go about this?