SwiftUI - Clicking on the add attachment icon in chat crashes with libsystem_kernel.dylib`__abort_with_payload

Viewed 41

I'm new to gettream chats and I'm trying to flesh out our chat stream I'm following the tutorial for SwiftUI. Everything went without a hitch. I'm simply using the built in UI using the ChatChannelListView(). Everything works fine until you try to add a file attachment (the paperclip icon). Then, it crashes with:

SwiftUI - Clicking on the add attachment icon in chat crashes with: libsystem_kernel.dylib__abort_with_payload

Does anyone know why this is happening?

import SwiftUI
import StreamChat
import StreamChatSwiftUI

struct MessagesView: View {
    var body: some View {
        
        ChatChannelListView()
    }
}

struct MessagesView_Previews: PreviewProvider {
    static var previews: some View {
        MessagesView()
    }
}
1 Answers

Did you specify the "Privacy - Photo Library Usage Description" in your Info.plist? This is needed to display the photo library.

Additionally, you will need the following two for the camera functionality: "Privacy - Microphone Usage Description" "Privacy - Camera Usage Description"

Hope this helps.

Related