https://flyte.org/ says that it is
The Workflow Automation Platform for Complex, Mission-Critical Data and Machine Learning Processes at Scale
I went through quite a bit of documentation and I fail to see why it is "Data and Machine Learning". It seem to me that it is a workflow manager on top of a container orchastration (here Kubernetes), where workflow manager means, that I can define a Directed Acyclic Graphs (DAG) and then the DAG nodes are deployed as containers and the DAG is run.
Of course this is usefull and important for "Data and Machine Learning", but I might as well use it for any other microservice DAG with this. Except for features/details, how is this different than https://airflow.apache.org or other workflow managers (of which there are many). There are even more specialized workflow managers for "Data and Machine Learning", e.g., https://spark.apache.org.
What should I keep in mind as a Software Achitect?