Equivalent/Alternative of HTML <abbr> tag in Android (Java)

Viewed 60

If I put the <abbr> tag in an HTML webpage like so in the snippet below, there will be a text WHO, which upon hovering will show its full form World Health Organization in a small box beside it.

<abbr title="World Health Organization">WHO</abbr>

How to replicate the same thing in Android? (I am using Java btw) You may not be able to hover on a mobile device, but can this functionality be replicated on click? If so, how?

For example, I have a paragraph in a TextView like so

HTML is not a programming lang...

I want it so that when the user clicks on the specific word "HTML" its full form should show beside it (In some sort of "floating" box)

Maybe make a small box, position it accordingly and then toggle its visibility on click? I don't know where to start.

0 Answers
Related