So basically I'm confused on how I'd make it so that I can convert DD:HH:MM:SS to only seconds while taking into account the amount of numbers there are. (Sorry if I make 0 sense, you should definitely know what I mean by the example below.)
print("05:00":FormatToSeconds()) -- 5 minutes and 0 seconds
-- 300
print("10:30:15":FormatToSeconds()) -- 10 hours, 30 minutes and 15 seconds
-- 37815
print("1:00:00:00":FormatToSeconds()) -- 1 day
-- 86400
print("10:00:00:30":FormatToSeconds()) -- 10 days, 30 seconds
-- 864030
So on and so forth. I think that maybe using gmatch would work but still idk. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Edit:
So I've tried doing it with gmatch, but I don't know if this is the most fastest way of doing this (which it probably isn't), so any help would still be appreciated.
(My code)
function ConvertTimeToSeconds(Time)
local Thingy = {}
local TimeInSeconds = 0
for v in string.gmatch(Time, "%d+") do
if tonumber(string.sub(v, 1, 1)) == 0 then
table.insert(Thingy, tonumber(string.sub(v, 2, 2)))
else
table.insert(Thingy, tonumber(v))
end
end
if #Thingy == 1 then
TimeInSeconds = TimeInSeconds + Thingy[1]
elseif #Thingy == 2 then
TimeInSeconds = TimeInSeconds + (Thingy[1] * 60) + Thingy[2]
elseif #Thingy == 3 then
TimeInSeconds = TimeInSeconds + (Thingy[1] * 60 * 60) + (Thingy[2] * 60) + Thingy[3]
elseif #Thingy == 4 then
TimeInSeconds = TimeInSeconds + (Thingy[1] * 24 * 60 * 60) + (Thingy[2] * 60 * 60) + (Thingy[3] * 60) + Thingy[4]
end
return TimeInSeconds
end
print(ConvertTimeToSeconds("1:00:00:00"))