I have a problem when I am making a request with Axios in node getting Error: ca md too weak.
I am sending .pfx file and password for the pfx certificate file. I can easily access API using Postman and sending pfx certificate and password, but making a request with Axios in node js (v. 18.0) I get Error: ca md too weak.
I don't want to downgrade Node version and using: process.env.NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED = 0; also doesn't help.
Also to connect to the server I have to use VPN and this error pops up even if I haven't turned on VPN.
Is it possible to bypass this check, so I can send a request as I do in the Postman?
Here is a code example:
agent = new https.Agent({
pfx: fs.readFileSync((process.cwd() + "\\src\\sources\\KIISWSClient.pfx")),
passphrase: 'password',
rejectUnauthorized: false,
});
userKiisData = axios.post('https://ws-kiis.hlk.hr/AdeoMembersPublicService.svc/WSPublic/BasicData', {
Username: "myusername",
Role: "role"
}, {
auth: {
username: "user",
password: "mypassword"
},
httpsAgent: agent
}
return userKiisData
Here is the error:
Error: ca md too weak
at configSecureContext (node:internal/tls/secure-context:278:15)
at Object.createSecureContext (node:_tls_common:113:3)
at Object.connect (node:_tls_wrap:1622:48)
at Agent.createConnection (node:https:142:22)
at Agent.createSocket (node:_http_agent:343:26)
at Agent.addRequest (node:_http_agent:294:10)
at new ClientRequest (node:_http_client:311:16)
at Object.request (node:https:352:10)