Deprecated API calls blocking update to GKE 1.22 - [Update]

Viewed 1220

I'm trying to upgrade some GKE cluster from 1.21 to 1.22 and I'm getting some warnings about deprecated APIs. Am running Istio 1.12.1 version as well in my cluster

One of them is causing me some concerns:

/apis/extensions/v1beta1/ingresses

I was surprised to see this warning because we are up to date with our deployments. We don't use Ingresses.

Further deep diving, I got the below details:

āžœ kubectl get --raw /apis/extensions/v1beta1/ingresses | jq
Warning: extensions/v1beta1 Ingress is deprecated in v1.14+, unavailable in v1.22+; use networking.k8s.io/v1 Ingress
{
  "kind": "IngressList",
  "apiVersion": "extensions/v1beta1",
  "metadata": {
    "resourceVersion": "191638911"
  },
  "items": []
}

It seems an IngressList is that calls the old API. Tried deleting the same,

āžœ  kubectl delete --raw /apis/extensions/v1beta1/ingresses
Error from server (MethodNotAllowed): the server does not allow this method on the requested resource

Neither able to delete it, nor able to upgrade.

Any suggestions would be really helpful.

[Update]: My GKE cluster got updated to 1.21.11-gke.1900 and after that the warning messages are gone.

2 Answers

we have also upgraded cluster/Node version from 1.21 to 1.22 directly from GCP which have successfully upgraded both node as well as cluster version.

even after upgrading we are still getting ingresslist

/apis/extensions/v1beta1/ingresses

we are going to upgrade our cluster version from 1.22 to 1.23 tomorrow will update you soon.

In our case, use of old version of kube-state-metrics seems to cause the beta version of API calls. Some days after updating kube-state-metrics, the deprecated API calls was stopped so far.

Related