iOS/Expo: Can't build on physical device after ejecting to bare workflow

Viewed 100

I just ejected my project to a bare workflow and I am unable to build my project to my physical device (iPhone SE gen 2). It builds normally to the iOS simulator for every device type.

When I run expo run:ios -d, as this post points out, my device is not listed in the options list. On the Xcode UI, my device is shown, but it immediately says the build fails when I try to run my app (other sims work fine here too). I've tried the posts I've found across different forums (cleaning builds etc) but nothing seems to work. For context, I am running on a m1 mac.

Any guidance here would be much appreciated

1 Answers

Looks like the issue was that I did not have a developer account associated with the project in Xcode. Once adding one and registering my device, I was able to build it onto my device

Related