I need to write a query that displays ALL revenue centers for a month whether they have revenue or not. This seems like a simple request but I have seemed to hit a brick wall. Below is my SQL:
SELECT ID_ItemNominal, ItemNominal_Description, Sum(Nz([ITM_Net],0)) AS ITM_Net_Total
FROM TSub_ItmNominal LEFT JOIN (T_Invoice RIGHT JOIN T_LineItems ON T_Invoice.ITM_Reference = T_LineItems.ITM_Reference) ON TSub_ItmNominal.ID_ItemNominal = T_LineItems.ITM_Nominal
WHERE (((Year([ITM_Date]))=[report_year] Or (Year([ITM_Date])) Is Null) AND ((Month([ITM_Date]))=[report_month]))
GROUP BY TSub_ItmNominal.ID_ItemNominal, TSub_ItmNominal.ItemNominal_Description
HAVING (((TSub_ItmNominal.ID_ItemNominal) Like "4*"))
ORDER BY TSub_ItmNominal.ID_ItemNominal;
- ID_ItemNominal = the Integer code for the Revenue Center
- ItemNominal_Description = the description of the Revenue Center
- ITM_Net = the Currency amount for the Line Item on the Invoice, to be
SUMfor a month total - ITM_ Date = the Date of the Invoice
My thought was to use the LEFT JOIN to say that I want to see ALL of the revenue centers, even if those records do not have any data for that month. What I get is the centers that DO have revenue for the year but DO NOT have revenue for the month are not shown / filtered out.
What the Current query provides:
40500 | Sales - Digital | $###.##
40700 | Sales - Misc | $###.##
40800 | Sales - Mail | $###.##
40900 | Sales - Clothing| $0.00
We have not done any revenue under 40900 this year so far so it shows as a result in the query. We have done revenue in 40600 this year but not for the month of April. The 40600 seems to be filtered out by the WHERE part of the query as well as any other revenue centers that we have revenue for the year but not the selected date.
I would like to see these revenue centers included in the query but show as $0.00 for the month.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I feel like I am close but I just can't seem to get the correct results. Thank you in advance!