How to force dark-mode using TailwindCSS on browsers?

Viewed 127

I have a website with proper implementation for dark/light UI using TailwindCSS.

I was wondering if there is a way to force the website to load in dark mode until the user specifically toggles light mode on by clicking the toggle button.

Why? Cause I prefer how the website looks in dark mode, but since the light/dark themeing is properly implemented I'd rather keep it and force it to load in dark mode despite user's browser settings.

1 Answers

Try the following

In tailwind.config.css set the darkMode to class

module.exports = {
  darkMode: 'class',
  // ...
}

And when you need the darkMode just add ClassName of dark inside the html tag

<html className="dark">
<body>
  <!-- Will be black -->
  <div className="bg-white dark:bg-black">
    <!-- ... -->
  </div>
</body>
</html>

And when you need the light just remove ClassName of dark inside the html tag

Hope it helps!

Related