Running docker-compose container from docker hub

Viewed 108

I have created 2 containers locally and pushed them into docker hub to use on a VM, one is an Angular App and the other is a Django REST API with a db:

Angular App

Dockerfile
FROM node:latest as node
WORKDIR /app
COPY . .
RUN npm install npm@8.11.0 --legacy-peer-deps
RUN npm run build --prod

FROM nginx:alpine
COPY --from=node /app/dist/bom-e-barato /usr/share/nginx/html

I created the image by doing docker build -t andreclerigo/bom_e_barato:latest . then pushed it with docker push andreclerigo/bom_e_barato:latest and then I can run it on my VM by doing docker run -d -p 80:80 andreclerigo/bom_e_barato:latest

Django REST API

Dockerfile
FROM python:3.8.10
ENV PYTHONUNBUFFERED 1
RUN mkdir /rest-api-scraper
WORKDIR /rest-api-scraper
ADD . /rest-api-scraper/
RUN pip install -r requirements.txt
docker-compose.yml
version: '3'

services:
  web:
    build: .
    command: bash -c "python backend/manage.py makemigrations && python backend/manage.py migrate && python backend/manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:8000"
    container_name: rest-api-scraper
    volumes:
      - .:/rest-api-scraper
    ports:
      - "8000:8000"
    image: andreclerigo/rest-api-scraper:latest

I created the image by doing docker-compose build, then I pushed it to docker hub by doing docker-compose push to run locally I can do docker-compose up

Question

What steps do I need to take to pull this image and run the the image (docker-compose up) on my VM?

0 Answers
Related