I'm looking to implement in-app updates and am following the guidance provided by Google
https://developer.android.com/guide/playcore/in-app-updates/kotlin-java#kts
As such i'm trying to add the following dependencies
implementation("com.google.android.play:app-update:2.0.0")
implementation("com.google.android.play:app-update-ktx:2.0.0")
However when trying to build the project I am confronted with a Duplicate class found error. One example provided below, although there are many of these
com.google.android.play.core.appupdate.AppUpdateInfo found in modules jetified-app-update-2.0.0-runtime (com.google.android.play:app-update:2.0.0) and jetified-core-1.10.2-runtime (com.google.android.play:core:1.10.2)
I tried to work. around this by adding some exclude clauses in configurations
configurations {
all {
exclude group: "com.google.android.play", module: "app-update"
exclude group: "com.google.android.play", module: "core"
}
}
The example above is the one that finally allowed the program to build, however when I go to utilise the library it is clear many of its elements have not been imported correctly. When I try to instantiate the AppUpdateManager, it is missing and AppUpdateResult seems to be the only one available to use.
Would really appreciate some guidance on what I may be doing wring here and any fixes or workarounds
