Can't connect interactions in interaction overview diagram in EA

Viewed 73

I have a problem with the Interaction overview diagram in EA. I cannot connect any control nodes to InteractionUse element I added to the diagram. Or even between two InteractionUse elements.

I'm getting the following error: The requested connection is not UML compliant.

Can anybody give me some advice on this?

Here are some images to demonstrate the problem:

enter image description here

enter image description here

1 Answers

The problem seems to have been solved in version 16 (tested on build 16.0.1605)

In version 15.2.1560 the problem still occurred.

If upgrading is not an option, you can still disable the strict connector syntax (even if only temporarily) through the settings:

enter image description here

According to the UML specification (2.5.1) this is indeed a valid connection since in § 17.10.1.1 Graphic Nodes it says:

Inline Interaction diagrams and InteractionUses are considered special forms of CallBehaviorAction.

Related