Process with an Id of XXXX is not running | Visual Studio 2022

Viewed 3281

I've had this problem since this morning and have tried various options, but haven't found a solution to my problem yet.

The problem is that every time I want to start my Blazor web application I get this error message:

I tried several ways to solve this problem, however all I found was for IIS-Express with this problem. I use several startup projects, and I don't find any solution for my problem.

6 Answers

After I installed Visual Studio again it worked.

Just do this steps:

  1. Close Visual Studio.
  2. Navigate to the sub-folder of Project's main folder.
  3. Delete .vs folder and open project again in Visual Studio and RUN

if don't work just click on build button in app bar in visual studio then click on Rebuild Solution and run

Had an same issue when testing a Blazor app, it fixed after restored the package Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.WebAssembly.DevServer from 6.0.8 to 6.0.5

Had the same issue. Updating Visual Studio and the .NET SDK fixed it for me. I had SDK version 6.0.302 installed and updated to SDK version 6.0.400.

I had this issue with code I downloaded from GitHub. The projects targetted .NET Core 3.1 which I hadn't installed. To solve, I double-clicked Properties in each project, and changed the Target framework to .NET 6.0.

I had the same problem this morning after updating the Microsoft packages in my WASM-project. Updating Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.WebAssembly.DevServer 6.0.8 to 6.0.9 resulted in the error mentioned. Updating to .NET 6.0.109 SDK solved this. So in general: after updating the DevServer package you need to be sure you have the corresponding .NET SDK version (or higher) installed.

I'm using VS 2022 17.4.0 preview 1.0.

Related