I am trying to zip files that are in directories that have subdirectories and I can't figure out how to zip the files and not the subdirectories.
Here is the current setup:
C:\users\user\appdata\local\folder\
Inside of this folder, I need 3 out of the 20 or so folders that are in there so I used the Get-Childitem to accomplish this:
GCI C:\users\user\appdata\local\folder | ? {$_.name -like "*folder*}
Now that I have that, I don't want the subdirectories and just want the files that are sitting in the folder itself. I have not found a way to do this, but I have gotten close with using this:
& "C:\program files\7-zip\7z.exe" "a" "D:\TestBackup\Zipfile.7z" (GCI C:\users\user\appdata\local\folder | ? {$_.name -like "*folder*} | select -expandproperty FullName)
But this gives me the entire contents of the folder. I want to keep the structure so that it looks like this:
folder 1\files
folder 2\files
folder 3\files
I hope I am explaining myself well. The files are all different types of extensions so I was wanting a blanket way to do this or to exclude the subdirectories when zipping.