I put my frontend application in the public folder for a node.js application and am getting the form-data using the following request:
try {
await axios.post("/api/v1/contact-form", {
name,
email,
msg,
});
}
My backend is in port 5000 and it's handling the request by:
app.use("/api/v1/contact-form", submitFormRouter);
It works perfect. I'm getting the data when I have my frontend application is in the node.js public folder.
My question is if my frontend is running on a different local port such as, if I use "Five server" to run the frontend application, how do I replace the following path for post:
Frontend:
try {
await axios.post("/api/v1/contact-form", {
name,
email,
msg,
});
}
Backend:
app.use("/api/v1/contact-form", submitFormRouter)
I've also tried the code using React in which case the frontend is running in http://localhost:3000/ and node.js server running in 5000, the code still works and I'm getting the form data. But, how do I make it work for a frontend application sitting in a different port(without react)?
Additionally, I hope you're kind enough to answer the following question- What would be the path once I have the frontend let's say on Netlify whereas the backend is on Heroku?