Laravel API and React js beginner here. I keep getting Error 422 in my application even though I am passing the required field

Viewed 49

I have been trying to debug this error for a while now. I tried scouring the internet for solutions, yet I still can't find the fix for it. I am passing the required data for the API to work, but the error is still there.

Laravel Controller

protected function searchAdmin(Request $request)
{
    $data = $request->validate([
        'admin_ref' => 'string|required'
    ]);

    $admin = adminInfos::where('adminID', $data['admin_ref'])->first();

    if (!$admin) {
        return response()->json([
            'status' => '404',
            'message' => $this->response['AccntNtFnd']
        ]);
    } else {
        return response()->json([
            'status' => '200',
            'account' => $admin
        ]);
    }
}

React JS

const searchAdmin = (e) =>{
    e.preventDefault();

    axios.get(`http://127.0.0.1:8001/api/admin/adminSearch`, {
        'headers':{
            'Accept':'application/json',
            'Content-Type':'application/json',
        },
        'data':{
             'admin_ref': adminInput.searchInput
        }
    }).then(res=>{
        if(res.data.status != 200){
            console.log(res.data.message)
        }else{
            console.log(res.data.message)
        }
    }).catch(error => {
       console.log(error.response.data)
    });
  
}

UPDATE: I followed Nelson's advice, but the error still exists. Thank you for the advice tho, will make sure to take note of it.

0 Answers
Related