Good evening,
after browsing for solutions myself during my Software Dev course in the past 4 months (newbie here and graduated last week as a Jr Software Dev) I am finding myself asking a question and hoping for help. I've searched around but could not find anything related.
For some reason I had to remove my classnotes/lab/project files from the Macbook I had been borrowing during my time at CodeClan. I also npxkilled 13GB of node_modules prior because I almost ran out of space.
Yesterday evening I wanted to git clone my portfolio (React App) and continue working on it. The usual git clone into new directory, then cd into the working directory, npm init -y and then npm install which failed already. A json.package or jason-lock.package was there. I got npm err 404 is not in the npm registry, which led me to set the registry and used my GitHub repo url for that (which is also a .io github page). Npm install would then tell me everything is up to date. Node modules weren't there at all, I removed both json packages and tried to npm install again, which usually works. I also used the npm cache clean / verify which did not do anything.
I then closed everything, went out of my working directory and updated node and npm. I updated node from 17.9 to 18.3 and npm from 8.8 to 8.11, restarted Mac again.
Via terminal created completely new directory for a Sandbox react app, cd into that and tried to npx create-react-app play-ground - not even that is working. It now comes back with following error messages, which is weird. It looks as if a completely new react app, which has nothing to do with my portfolio still wants to connect with that repo.
I removed the whole portfolio repo from this Mac and there should not even be a trace of it.
I hope I've explained my issues well enough. Instructors are not around anymore, lol and my partner who is also a Dev is a bit clueless as well. I appreciate any help and please bear in mind that I am a noob, still trying to read error messages and trying to solve them myself. However, I have been dealing with this react app issue since yesterday evening and I am running out of ideas.
Thanks a lot !!
➜ Sandbox la
total 0
➜ Sandbox npx create-react-app play-ground
npm ERR! code E404
npm ERR! 404 Not Found - GET https://annikaneumann.github.io/portfolio-annika/create-react-app
npm ERR! 404
npm ERR! 404 'create-react-app@latest' is not in this registry.
npm ERR! 404
npm ERR! 404 Note that you can also install from a
npm ERR! 404 tarball, folder, http url, or git url.
npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /Users/annikaneumann/.npm/_logs/2022-06-14T17_02_55_107Z-debug-0.log
➜ Sandbox ```