Unity Hololens2 Build Errors

Viewed 351

I try to build my Hololens 2 application but i get errors which i can not solve. When I try to test the application with the Unity play button, it works as expected. I have also tried the MRTK sample scene, which also works only through the play button, but does not when I try to build it.

Build Errors:

Library\PackageCache\com.microsoft.mixedreality.toolkit.foundation@251fc689f36f\Providers\WindowsMixedReality\XRSDK\WindowsMixedRealityDeviceManager.cs(404,128): error CS0104: 'Handedness' is an ambiguous reference between 'Microsoft.MixedReality.Input.Handedness' and 'Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.Utilities.Handedness'
Error building Player because scripts had compiler errors
UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 2 errors
  at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x002da] in <1135c66e5f4c41a7831fa5798849d8b6>:0 
  at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00080] in <1135c66e5f4c41a7831fa5798849d8b6>:0 
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

I tried to update the MRTK with the MixedRealityFeatureTool and did the Mixed Reality Toolkit-Set Up as described in the tutorial. But i still get the errors, which means i can not test it on the Hololens 2.

2 Answers

Also happening for me and only happened when upgraded to MRTK 2.8. As we are developing for HoloLens, there is no need for the MixedReality.Input package, which is causing the conflict. Simply remove that from the Package Manager.

I had this problem but I was able to fix the error by going to the script in the specified path (Library\PackageCache\com.microsoft.mixedreality.toolkit.foundation@251fc689f36f\Providers\WindowsMixedReality\XRSDK\WindowsMixedRealityDeviceManager.cs) in the error, going into the error line (404) and changing Handedness to 'Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.Utilities.Handedness'

Related