I already asked the question on the same problem and @mozway helped a lot.
However my logic on weights assignment was wrong.
I need to form the following dataframe w/ weight column:
id date status weight diff_in_days comment
-----------------------------------------------------------------
0 2 2019-02-03 reserve 0.003 0 1 / diff_days
1 2 2019-12-31 reserve 0.001 331 since diff to next is 1 day
2 2 2020-01-01 reserve 0.9 1 since the next date status is sold
3 2 2020-01-02 sold 1 1 sold
4 3 2020-01-03 reserve 0.001 0 since diff to next is 1 day
5 4 2020-01-03 booked 0.9 0 since the next date status is sold
6 3 2020-02-04 reserve 0.9 1 since the next date status is sold
7 4 2020-02-06 sold 1 3 sold
7 3 2020-02-07 sold 1 3 sold
To make diff_in_days column I use:
df['diff_in_days'] = df.groupby('flat_id')['date'].diff().dt.days.fillna(0)
Is there a way to implement this preudo-code without for-loop:
for i in df.iterrows():
df['weight'][i] = 1 / df['diff_in_days'][i+1]
if df['status'][i+1] == 'sold' (for each flat_id):
df['weight'][i] = 0.9
if df['status'][i] == 'sold':
df['weight'][i] = 1