I'm having an Issue in Excel where I have to convert an unpivoted column (States) whilst keeping the next column (Vendors) linked, but only keeping unique values. This so I can apply a data validated drop-down list to each state with a list of vendors to select as part of a sensitivity analysis.
My Current Data looks like this:
| State | Vendor |
|---|---|
| NY | Netflix |
| NY | Netflix |
| CA | Binge |
| CA | Binge |
| CA | Netflix |
| NY | Binge |
| MA | Hulu |
| MA | Netflix |
| MA | Binge |
I'm Trying to make my data look like this, however it will involve almost 70 different state values, and thousands of duplicate Vendor values.
| NY | CA | MA |
|---|---|---|
| Netflix | Netflix | Hulu |
| Binge | Binge | Netflix |
| Binge |
Is it possible to achieve something like this through VBA? Due to the predicted size of the dataset I doubt there is any other feasible method to achieve except for automation of some kind.
Any help or directions to similar problems that have been answered would be greatly appreciated.