I apologize if this is a rudimentary question. I feel like it should be easy but I cannot figure it out. I have the code that is listed below that essentially looks at two columns in a CSV file and matches up job titles that have a similarity of 0.7. To do this, I use difflib.get_close_matches. However, the output is multiple single lines and whenever I try to convert to a DataFrame, every single line is its own DataFrame and I cannot figure out how to merge/concat them. All code, as well as current and desired outputs are below. Any help would be much appreciated.
Current Code is:
import pandas as pd
import difflib
df = pd.read_csv('name.csv')
aLists = list(df['JTs'])
bLists = list(df['JT'])
n=3
cutoff = 0.7
for aList in aLists:
best = difflib.get_close_matches(aList, bLists, n, cutoff)
print(best)
Current Output is:
['SW Engineer']
['Manu Engineer']
[]
['IT Help']
Desired Output is:
Output
0 SW Engineer
1 Manu Engineer
2 (blank)
3 IT Help
The table I am attempting to do this one is:
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
