ERROR: permission denied for relation svv_redshift_databases

Viewed 503

I'm trying to use the Redshift Query Editor V2 connecting with Database username and password, in order to query my Redshift Cluster from AWS Console.

When from the left panel I try to expand the DB to explore relative schemas and tables I get the following error message:

ERROR: permission denied for relation svv_redshift_databases

This blocks me from explore tables within the Redshift cluster, any way to resolve this?

1 Answers

Granting access to svv_redshift_databases allows to expand DBs within the Redshift Cluster but then you get blocked when expanding schemas with error message ERROR: permission denied for relation svv_all_tables. So if it's also required to expand schemas and tables is necessary to grant permission to svv_all_schemas and svv_all_tables as well in this way:

grant select on svv_redshift_databases to myuser;
grant select on svv_all_schemas to myuser;
grant select on svv_all_tables to myuser;

It has also been attached the AWS Managed Policy AmazonRedshiftQueryEditorV2FullAccess.

After the above it was possible to explore schemas and tables from the Query Editor V2

Related