i made a website to play music, it uses a lot of animations when you press notes or playback a song. I'm having issues with performance, especially on mobile so i wanted to figure out what was causing it. I went through profiling using google chrome and it's telling me there is a lot of Recalculate Style happening, and that 30ish elements are affected each time. I've tried making the animations as performant as i could, i use transform scale and background-color animations, plus i added the will-change prop to the element that has the most changes, in hope to solve issues, but i haven't been able to gain much.
I was thinking that maybe the biggest issue might be with animating background-color as that will cause a repaint throughout the animation, but i still dont understand why it would cause a Recalculate Style?
Here is the link for the beta of the website. If anyone could help me track down the issue.
PS: to try and stress test the app, Download and import this song here
Here is some graphs:


