How to format date for BigCommerce blog post

Viewed 53

I keep getting errors while trying to create blog posts via API calls to BigCommerce, due to the published_date_iso8601 field.

This field expects the date string in this kind of format "5/18/2018 1:26:42 PM", as per the docs here: https://developer.bigcommerce.com/api-reference/1b41aac9b9f54-create-a-blog-post

My data has the dates in this format: "2022-05-12T13:09:23-07:00" I am using Javascript, and I have tried multiple ways to transform the format, but no success so far. I have tried built-in JS Date methods

const originalDate = "2022-05-12T13:09:23-07:00"
const newDate = new Date(originalDate).toISOString()

I have tried using Moment

const originalDate = "2022-05-12T13:09:23-07:00"
const newDate = moment(
                originalDate
            ).format('DD/MM/YYYY HH:mm:ss A')

And multiple variations of formatting besides those 2 examples, but I still can't get the post to go through. The error is only a 400 code with no message. Anyone know how to format this?

1 Answers

Try using the published_date field and new Date('2022-05-12T13:09:23-07:00').toUTCString()?

Hopefully, this should work for you.

A

Related