I have a folder of CSV files, and I need to simple replace the current header (first row), of the csv, with a different header. As an example, ever CSV has: A, B, C, D, E as the first first row header, but I need to be able to change that to whatever I want; i.e., Apple, Orange, Lemon, Pear, Peach || or, || 1, j, er, fd, j5
All the data in each CSV needs to be retained besides the header, and the replacement header will make all headers of all CSVs in the folder identical, per what is indicated in the code.
import shutil
import glob
files = glob.glob("/home/robert/Testing/D1/*.csv")
for i in range(len(files)):
from_file = open(files[i])
to_file = open(files[i], mode="w")
to_file.write("id,t,s,p,date,e")
shutil.copyfileobj(from_file, to_file)
I used this code, however, it deleted all of the other data in the CSV files, which I needed to keep, and only left/created the headers