I have my GitHub Repository linked to my vercel project. Required for deploying changes on a subdomain that's linked to a branch on my git repository. dev.<website>.<tld> is linked to the dev branch. <website>.<tld> is linked to the main branch. Couldn't figure out another way to do this, other than linking to my git repo.
I have a GitHub action that runs tests amongst other things that I want to ensure pass before deployment. But every time I push changes to my production branch it kicks of a vercel deployment, that I want to avoid.
I know there is a Ignored Build Step section in the git settings on vercel, but I'm not sure what to add in the command input in this section?
I've added
[ exit 1 ]
But not sure if this is correct.
Here is my github actions workflow yml file.
name: Deploy Web Application
on:
push:
branches: ["master", "development"]
paths:
- "web/**"
workflow_dispatch:
jobs:
build:
runs-on: ubuntu-latest
defaults:
run:
working-directory: ./web
strategy:
matrix:
node-version: [16.13.0]
steps:
- name: Checkout
uses: actions/checkout@v3
- name: Node Version ${{ matrix.node-version }}
uses: actions/setup-node@v3
with:
node-version: ${{ matrix.node-version }}
cache: "yarn"
cache-dependency-path: "./web/yarn.lock"
- name: Install Dependencies
run: yarn
- name: Build Project
run: yarn build
- name: Run Linting
run: yarn lint
- name: Run Typecheck
run: yarn typecheck
- name: Start Deployment
uses: bobheadxi/deployments@v0.6.2
id: deployment
with:
step: start
token: ${{ secrets.GH_TOKEN }}
env: prod
- name: Deploy to Vercel
uses: amondnet/vercel-action@v20
id: vercel-action
with:
github-token: ${{ secrets.GH_TOKEN }}
vercel-token: ${{ secrets.VERCEL_TOKEN }}
vercel-org-id: ${{ secrets.VERCEL_ORG_ID }}
vercel-project-id: ${{ secrets.VERCEL_PROJECT_ID }}
# if main branch go to --prod environment otherwise nothing for preview environment
vercel-args: "${{ github.ref == 'refs/heads/master' && '--prod' || '' }}"
working-directory: ./web
- name: Update Deployment Status
uses: bobheadxi/deployments@v0.6.2
if: always()
with:
step: finish
token: ${{ secrets.GH_TOKEN }}
status: ${{ job.status }}
deployment_id: ${{ steps.deployment.outputs.deployment_id }}
env_url: ${{ steps.vercel-action.outputs.preview-url }}