Power BI - Slider Slicer that Includes Time (Not just Date)

Viewed 389

I have a Time column that I would like to create a slider slicer for, similar to what's available for a Date column.

Date Slider

However, I haven't been able to find a way to do this. If I add a Time column to a slicer and set the visualization method to "Between", it shows a 1899-12-30 date without any other options. As an FYI, all of my data is within a 24-hour period so duplicate times on different dates are not an issue.

Time Slider

Similarly, if I do this with a Date/time column instead of just a Time column, it simply uses the date piece of the value and leaves off the time piece.

Date/time Slider

I know that one can add a "zoom slider" to some individual visuals to create a similar effect, but I need to actually slice the data based on time, not just adjust the visual display.

Is there a way to implement a slider slicer based on the time piece?

1 Answers

As of June 2022, creating a slider slicer like this for the time piece is not possible. This has been confirmed by a super user answer on an identical post of mine on Power BI Community.

The filter pane can be used to accomplish filtering between two times, but there is no great way to do this in the slicer visual.

Date/Time Filter

Related