I'm working on a visualization project at work - it will display which of our partners sells the highest amount of merchandise per month from Jan to Dec last year. Currently, our company's business intelligence tool outputs the following
Ship State Month Partner Net Demand
AK Jan Coca-Cola 3200
AK Jan Wegman's 2800
AK Jan Target 2000
...
AL Jan Coca-Cola 2600
AL Jan Walmart 2100
AL Jan Target 700
...
WY Jan Wegmans 1600
WY Jan Cola 200
WY Jan Target 98
...
AK Feb Coca-Cola 3100
AK Feb Wegman's 2700
AK Feb Target 1600
...
And so on. This is the current output - below is my desired output...
Ship State Month Partner Net Demand
AK Jan Coca-Cola 3200
AL Jan Coca-Cola 2600
...
WY Jan Wegmans 1600
...
AK Feb Coca-Cola 3100
...
If this makes sense. I only want the first ranked partner by top net demand. I don't want all of the others outputting. My company's BI tool is very limited. I've tried a pivot table in Excel, which gets me the ranks in a pivot table format, but when I copy/paste, the values all output wrongly. I filter by month and then state, so it's a vertical breakdown, I can't get all the values next to each other to feed into R. When I copy/paste, it looks like...
Jan
AK
Coca Cola 3200
AL
Coca Cola 2600
... etc
Is there any way to efficiently output and organize this? I need to do each partner for each state and intensive cleanup would take a lot of time because we have a lot of partners I'd have to delete and what not. I just want to output max rank per state per month - which is all the US states over a 12 month period.
