How to trust an internal Root CA in Azure App Service

Viewed 304

I have an Azure Function calling an HTTPS endpoint using an SSL certificate that was provided by an internal Root CA. Without doing anything, I have an SSL negotiation error which is normal.

I added the ROOT CA cert in the SSL Settings of my Function App, and I also added the setting WEBSITE_LOAD_ROOT_CERTIFICATES in the Function App Settings.

By using the Kudu Console, I tried to curl my HTTPS endpoint, and I'm still having SSL troubles. Am I missing something?

1 Answers

Try to follow the below steps to enable SSL.

  1. Go to App service and then select TLS/SSL settings.
  2. Click on Private Key Certificates and then click on Create App Service Managed Certificate. It opens a side window in that window click on create button.
  3. After successfully created, go to custom domains and click on Add binding.
  4. Under TLS/SSL binding, select custom domain name, private certificate thumbprint, and its type then click on Add Binding.
  5. Once we finished the above steps then it will add to your domain.

As per the Microsoft Document, Add a TLS/SSL certificate in Azure App Service.

Related