I have this error when I try to send mail with Laravel 9 app using Gmail:
Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username "*************@gmail.com" using the following authenticators: "LOGIN", "PLAIN", "XOAUTH2". Authenticator "LOGIN" returned "Expected response code "235" but got code "534", with message "534-5.7.9 Application-specific password required. Learn more at 534 5.7.9 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=InvalidSecondFactor h4-20020a056830034400b0060603221274sm8631029ote.68 - gsmtp".". Authenticator "PLAIN" returned "Expected response code "235" but got code "534", with message "534-5.7.9 Application-specific password required. Learn more at 534 5.7.9 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=InvalidSecondFactor h4-20020a056830034400b0060603221274sm8631029ote.68 - gsmtp".". Authenticator "XOAUTH2" returned "Expected response code "235" but got code "334", with message "334 eyJzdGF0dXMiOiI0MDAiLCJzY2hlbWVzIjoiQmVhcmVyIiwic2NvcGUiOiJodHRwczovL21haWwuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8ifQ==".".
This is my .env configuration.
MAIL_MAILER=smtp
MAIL_HOST=smtp.googlemail.com
MAIL_PORT=465
MAIL_USERNAME=************@gmail.com
MAIL_PASSWORD=************
MAIL_ENCRYPTION=ssl
MAIL_FROM_ADDRESS=************@gmail.com
MAIL_FROM_NAME="Claims - *****"
I've been reading, and apparently since 5/22/2022 you can no longer activate the option to allow access to less secure applications in Gmail... so, how can we solve this? is this really my problem or another?