How install GLIBC 2.29 or higher in Ubuntu 18.04

Viewed 9286

So I am trying to install truDesk on my local system. I am getting this error while running the command '$ npm install -g yarn' node: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.28' not found (required by node)`

This is my ubuntu version Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS and when I am checking for the latest version it's showing software up to date. As I go through the glibcc error, it requires an ubuntu version greater than 18. How can I update the version?

This is the application i am trying to download

2 Answers

You can tried to download the glibc from official and install it:

wget -c https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glibc/glibc-2.29.tar.gz
tar -zxvf glibc-2.29.tar.gz
cd glibc-2.29
./configure --prefix=/opt/glibc
make 
make install

pay attention that avoid to break your os environment, you would better to specify the prefix and config the seperate path when you using it.

How can I update the version?

You can't.

You need to get an application compiled and linked against older GLIBC, or you need to use a docker container with newer GLIBC in it.

Related