I have a dataframe with two columns:
A B
0 False False
1 False False
2 False False
3 True False
4 False False
5 False False
6 False True
7 False False
8 False False
9 False False
10 True False
11 False False
12 False False
I would like to create a new column "C" with Boolean values, that turns on (=True) each time B turns on and turns of each time A turns on (ex: here between index 6 to index 10)
Ex: for this df, the output will be:
A B C
0 False False False
1 False False False
2 False False False
3 True False False
4 False False False
5 False False False
6 False True True
7 False False True
8 False False True
9 False False True
10 True False True
11 False False False
12 False False False
I wrote this code with a for loop and a "switch", but I'm pretty sure there will be faster and easier solution to do the same thing for large dataframes. I appreciate your help.
import pandas as pd
import numpy as np
df = pd.DataFrame({
'A': [False,False,False,True,False,False,False,False,False,False,True,False,False],
'B': [False,False,False,False,False,False,True,False,False,False,False,False,False]
})
df["C"]=0
switch=False
for i in df.index :
if df.B.iloc[i]:
switch=True
if switch:
df.C.iloc[i]=True
else:
df.C.iloc[i]=False
if df.A.iloc[i]:
switch=False
print(df)