Raspberry Pi with nginx in docker connected to a fritz.box is not available from the internet

Viewed 135

I am trying to implement a small webserver on a raspberry pi which is connected to my fritz.box. I already setup docker on my raspberry pi with nginx and if I call the internal ip of my raspberry pi with the port 8080 I can receive my "Hello-World" php site. So far so good... Now I installed the nginx proxy manager and this is reachable on port 80. So If I just call my internal ip of my raspberry pi I see a page of the nginx proxy manager. So this seems to be working too.

Now I want that this is also accessible from external requests. I created a domain with no-ip.com and inserted the credentials in the backend of my fritz.box under dyndns. Also I created the port approval for my raspberry pi for the port 80 and 443.

So I thought if I did it like this and call my no-ip.com domain it will be directed to my fritz.box port 80 which is directing to the nginx proxy manager site.

But I only receive a Connection Timeout when calling the site...

Did I miss something or did I something wrong?

Update: I realized that in my fritz.box opened the Ports 80 and 443 for IPv6 and for IPv4 it was 1155 and 1157. So if I run my no-ip.com domain with port 1155 I can reach the nginx proxy manager. I tried to implement the port 80 redirect at no-ip.com like @VonC mentioned. But I only can create on host and if I create only the port 80 redirect then the domain leads me to a 404 page which I don't know.

1 Answers

Check first if your ISP or routeur would not block port 80 ingress.

After all, the no-ip.com documentation itself does mention:

Port 80 is the default port for HTTP (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol). Most servers and system across the globe use Port 80.
It is very common for Internet Service Providers (ISP) to block all data to this port.
You can resolve this by redirecting traffic to a different port using our Port 80 Redirect service.

Related