I am now building a neural network, and I am facing the task of adding another input layer (since now I just needed one). In particular, this was the code previously:
###...
if(self.net_embedding==0):
l_input = Input(shape=self.win_size, dtype='int32', name='input_act')
emb_input = Embedding(output_dim=params["output_dim_embedding"], input_dim=unique_events + 1, input_length=self.win_size)(l_input)
toBePassed=emb_input
elif(self.net_embedding==1):
self.getWord2VecEmbeddings(params['word2vec_size'])
X_train=self.encodePrefixes(params['word2vec_size'],X_train)
l_input = Input(shape = (self.win_size, params['word2vec_size']), name = 'input_act')
toBePassed=l_input
l1 = LSTM(params["shared_lstm_size"],return_sequences=True, kernel_initializer='glorot_uniform',dropout=params['dropout'])(toBePassed)
l1 = BatchNormalization()(l1)
#and so on with the rest of the layers...
The input of the model (X_train) was just an array of arrays (with size = self.win_size) of integers (e.g. [[0 1 2 3] [1 2 3 4]...] if self.win_size = 4), where the integers represent categorical elements.
As you can see, I also have two types of embeddings for this input:
- Embedding layer
- Word2Vec encoding
Now, I need to add another input to the net, which is as well an array of arrays (with size = self.win_size again) of integers (eg. [[0 123 334 2212][123 334 2212 4888]...], but this time I don't need to apply any embedding (I think) because the elements here are not categorical (they represent elapsed time in seconds).
I tried by simply changing the net to:
#...
if(self.net_embedding==0):
l_input = Input(shape=self.win_size, dtype='int32', name='input_act')
emb_input = Embedding(output_dim=params["output_dim_embedding"], input_dim=unique_events + 1, input_length=self.win_size)(l_input)
toBePassed=emb_input
elif(self.net_embedding==1):
self.getWord2VecEmbeddings(params['word2vec_size'])
X_train=self.encodePrefixes(params['word2vec_size'],X_train)
l_input = Input(shape = (self.win_size, params['word2vec_size']), name = 'input_act')
toBePassed=l_input
elapsed_time_input = Input(shape=self.win_size, name='input_time')
input_concat = Concatenate(axis=1)([toBePassed, elapsed_time_input])
l1 = LSTM(params["shared_lstm_size"],return_sequences=True, kernel_initializer='glorot_uniform',dropout=params['dropout'])(input_concat)
l1 = BatchNormalization()(l1)
#and so on with other layers...
but I get the error:
ValueError: A `Concatenate` layer requires inputs with matching shapes except for the concatenation axis. Received: input_shape=[(None, 4, 12), (None, 4)]
Do you please have any solution for this? Any kind of help would be really appreciated, since I have a deadline in a few days and I'm smashing my head on this for so long now! Thanks :)