I coded a program on Processing where all the pixels on the screen are scrambled, but around the cursor. The code works by replacing the pixels with a random pixel between 0 and the pixel the loop is currently on. To find that pixel, I used the code (y*width+x)-1. This code, however, is taking pixels from the entire screen. I want the code to instead take the pixels from a 40m square around the mouse coordinates. How can I do this?
import processing.video.*;
Capture video;
void setup() {
size(640, 480);
video = new Capture(this, 640, 480);
video.start();
}
void draw() {
loadPixels();
if (video.available()){
video.read();
video.loadPixels();
for (int y = 0; y < height; y++) {
for (int x = 0; x < width; x++) {
pixels[y*width+x] = video.pixels[y*video.width+(width-x-1)];
// the code should only be applied 20 pixels around the mouse
if (dist(mouseX, mouseY, x, y) < 20){
int d = int(random(0, y*width+x-1));
pixels[y*width+x] = video.pixels[d];
}
}
}
}
updatePixels();
}