How to add Azure Authentication to my current web application which is using API as well?

Viewed 30

So my project has got a two asp.net projects. One is for showing date(User Interface) and the another one is API(for background processes like login, database calls and etc.). Right now my app has Username and Password feature to login. I have setup a startup class in my API which authenticates the user and pass the user token. Now I want to add a feature to login through Azure portal. Can anyone suggest me a good practice in this situation? Like I don't want to change my code and just add a feature. Should I make changes in API or Web or Both? Meanwhile I was reading about expose api in app registration. Will it be appropriate to use it just for login purposes?

1 Answers

Azure AD supports OAuth2, OIDC and SAML. See more information here. It is probably best to introduce the mechanism through the API first, since it would apply to the frontend as well (though slight modifications may be required there as well).

Related