I'm running a test where it should be beneficial if Cypress didn't renew the browser session/remove cache/cookies, etc, so it essentially retained all the information i've inputted previously.
Is this possible?
I'm running a test where it should be beneficial if Cypress didn't renew the browser session/remove cache/cookies, etc, so it essentially retained all the information i've inputted previously.
Is this possible?
Maybe try the cy.session() command, which is like a cache for cookies, localstorage, and session.
The only downside as far as I can see is you need to do all the setting (requests, etc) inside the cy.session() setup callback.
For example
beforeEach(() => {
cy.session('init', () => {
// request and set cookies
})
})
it('first test', () => {
// the beforeEach() for 1st test will fire the request
...
})
it('second test', () => {
// the beforeEach() for 2nd test will set same values as before from cache
// and not resend the request
})
Note there's an flag that needs to be set in config
experimentalSessionAndOrigin: true