Message sent using WhatsApp but not delivered to recipients using WhatsApp business API

Viewed 1370

Hi I want to use WhatsApp business API in my web application. I have tested it in postman.

Whenever run sample curl code when available in Facebook business page under WhatsApp tab, It run successfully with temporary access token and message delivered to recipient with Facebook saved template. But when I send only text message to recipient then API response become success with message Id but message not yet deliver to recipient.

My curl code sample given bellow

curl --location --request POST 'https://graph.facebook.com/v13.0/106433498743301/messages' \ --header 'Authorization: Bearer EAAOw8oNtvXkBAKk89CqJtyusjxk7c7qGSNS0quxqeZBRtjE5MYwZCK0USeGGLV4n56qNAuaRoRWZA2oCIS8zcz6U5UZAtQCOb6YQnjuXZBfLnyZAwsOZBpASpnNOvvz29T0Jn0aXgZAdo9VKmBv0CkNYuOeb1I7X0GZCEwLHPZBFpfOCj4K3S9CMPjBfYR5Jog06LC95P7UgCr5Fy2nqbRM5Ys' \ --header 'Content-Type: application/json' \ --data-raw '{ "messaging_product": "whatsapp", "preview_url": false, "recipient_type": "individual", "to": "xxxxxxx150", "type": "text", "text": { "body": "Test message" } }'
3 Answers

I had the same problem. After I have sent a message from my phone to the testnumber, it worked.

regards

Leon

Other than the template(approved from meta) message, the conversation must be started by the User. So Send a message first on your WhatsApp number and then you can conversate with the Recipient number.

Related