I have the following code, and run as expected. But I need to use the "g" traversal object to manipulate the graph.
from gremlin_python.process.anonymous_traversal import traversal
from gremlin_python.driver.driver_remote_connection import DriverRemoteConnection
g = traversal().withRemote(DriverRemoteConnection('ws://localhost:8182/gremlin','g'))
g.V().drop().iterate()
g.addV('my-label').property('k', 'v').next()
print(g.V().toList())
Instead of the "g" object, I want to run string query to modify the graph, and the following doesn't work.
from gremlin_python.driver import client
from gremlin_python.driver.driver_remote_connection import DriverRemoteConnection
ws_conn = DriverRemoteConnection('ws://localhost:8182/gremlin','g')
gremlin_conn = client.Client(ws_conn, "g")
query = "g.V().groupCount().by(label).unfold().project('label','count').by(keys).by(values)"
response = gremlin_conn.submit(query)
print(response)
Gives the following error:
(venv) sh-3.2$ python /Users/demo-prj/tests/tools/neptune/local.py
[v[4280]]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/demo-prj/tests/tools/neptune/local.py", line 24, in <module>
response = gremlin_conn.submit(query)
File "/Users/demo-prj/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/gremlin_python/driver/client.py", line 127, in submit
return self.submitAsync(message, bindings=bindings, request_options=request_options).result()
File "/Users/demo-prj/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/gremlin_python/driver/client.py", line 148, in submitAsync
return conn.write(message)
File "/Users/demo-prj/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/gremlin_python/driver/connection.py", line 55, in write
self.connect()
File "/Users/demo-prj/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/gremlin_python/driver/connection.py", line 45, in connect
self._transport.connect(self._url, self._headers)
File "/Users/demo-prj/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/gremlin_python/driver/tornado/transport.py", line 40, in connect
self._ws = self._loop.run_sync(
File "/Users/demo-prj/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tornado/ioloop.py", line 576, in run_sync
return future_cell[0].result()
File "/Users/demo-prj/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tornado/ioloop.py", line 547, in run
result = func()
File "/Users/demo-prj/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/gremlin_python/driver/tornado/transport.py", line 41, in <lambda>
lambda: websocket.websocket_connect(url, compression_options=self._compression_options))
File "/Users/demo-prj/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tornado/websocket.py", line 1333, in websocket_connect
conn = WebSocketClientConnection(request,
File "/Users/demo-prj/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tornado/websocket.py", line 1122, in __init__
scheme, sep, rest = request.url.partition(':')
AttributeError: 'DriverRemoteConnection' object has no attribute 'partition'