That's how it looks when I have a WidgetSpan and a TextSpan, and the text inside the TextSpan is too long:
problem
A similar question has already been asked here TextSpan's text doesn't show if it overflows and is placed after WidgetSpan, but the one answer isn't suitable for my problem.
I have two Text.rich() widgets (which each host one WidgetSpan and one TextSpan) inside an Expanded widget, both Expanded with flex:1, because I want them to be the same size and take as much space as they can. That's why a row is not an option, you can't (as far as I know) put two rows side by side, at this happens...
using rows
This is how it's supposed to look like, just with the TextOverflow.ellipsis, if the text is too long:
target UI
Here is my code:
Row(
children: [
Expanded(
flex: 1,
child: Text.rich(
TextSpan(children: [
WidgetSpan(
child: Container(
margin: const EdgeInsets.only(right: 4.0),
child: SvgPicture.asset("assets/icons/building.svg", color:
htLightGrey),
),
),
TextSpan(
text: incident.building.name,
style: const TextStyle(
fontWeight: FontWeight.normal,
fontSize: 16.0,
color: htLightGrey, /*overflow: TextOverflow.ellipsis*/
),
),
]),
maxLines: 1,
overflow: TextOverflow.ellipsis,
),
),
Expanded(
flex: 1,
child: incident.department != null
? Text.rich(
TextSpan(children: [
WidgetSpan(
child: Container(
margin: const EdgeInsets.only(right: 4.0),
child: SvgPicture.asset("assets/icons/department.svg",
color: htLightGrey),
),
),
TextSpan(
text: incident.department!.name,
style: const TextStyle(fontWeight: FontWeight.normal,
fontSize: 16.0, color: htLightGrey, overflow:
TextOverflow.ellipsis),
),
]),
maxLines: 1,
overflow: TextOverflow.ellipsis,
)
: const SizedBox.shrink(),
)
],
)



