Why Instagram public API has not been working with authentification

Viewed 613

Two days ago, I was able to use Instagram's public API https://www.instagram.com/username/?__a=1 to scrape profiles. But today when I login and try to get the json file for a specific account I get this error message:

for (;;);{"__ar":1,"error":1357004,"errorSummary":"D\u00e9sol\u00e9, une erreur s\u2019est produite.","errorDescription":"Essayez de fermer, puis d\u2019ouvrir \u00e0 nouveau la fen\u00eatre de votre navigateur.","payload":null,"hsrp":{"hblp":{"consistency":{"rev":1005611792}}},"lid":"7104438514481245052"}
1 Answers

If you open this link from the browser, you will get this error

IG error 1357004

for (;;);{"__ar":1,"error":1357004,"errorSummary":"Sorry, something went wrong","errorDescription":"Please try closing and re-opening your browser window.","payload":null,"hsrp":{"hblp":{"consistency":{"rev":1005641975}}},"lid":"7106533583738392223"}

I have found that if we removed the cookie named ds_user_id, data will get returned just fine

I removed it from my browser and things loaded just fine

IG error 1357004 solution

So whatever is your language used, make sure to get rid of this specific cookie to get things working back as usual

Related