How to create icons with tauricon?

Viewed 164

I'm testing out Tauri for a hobby project, but got stuck when trying to generate an icon with tauricon. After creating a new project with Svelte that ran, this is what tried:

npm install @tauri-apps/tauricon
npm audit fix --force
npx @tauri-apps/tauricon .\app-icon.svg

EDIT:

Ok, so I've kind of fixed it, but not sure why this is necessary to install the package this way. If someone could explain, that would be useful.

npm uninstall @tauri-apps/tauricon
npm install --save-dev @tauri-apps/tauricon
npm audit fix
npx @tauri-apps/tauricon .\app-icon.svg

The error I get says: npm ERR! could not determine executable to run

1 Answers

using npm audit fix --force is not recommended, as this could break your project. You have to start another one and only use npm audit fix if you really want. I didn't use it at all and the icon feature worked well. So first try to create your icons, then run npm audit fix.

Related